To do this in Blogger is a little different than with Typepad because Blogger does not have a File Manager. Instead, you can use a free service from Google called Google Docs (http://docs.google.com).
Using Google Docs and Using the Link in a Post
- Go to www.docs.google.com.
If you are not already logged into your Blogger account, then use your Blogger account information (username/password) to login to Google Docs (it's the same).
From the main screen, click the UPLOAD button. Then a screen below will appear:
- From this window, click the Browse button to locate the file on your computer that you would like to link to from your Blogger post. Click OK once you've selected the file.
- From this screen type if a name "What do you want to call it?" if you want. Otherwise, click Upload File.
- The document is now previewed on your screen. Copy and select the URL address. This address is what you will use in the post!
- Go back to your post or create a new post in Blogger.
- Write something like "Click here to download the flyer".
- Select the two words "Click Here" and click the LINK button on the toolbar (looks like a paper clip or infinity symbol). Paste in the URL address you copied from Google docs.
- Finish your post and you're done.
Additional help file:
- Adding Sidebar Item and Link: http://www.blogsbyheather.com/2008/08/blogger-adding.html