I'm excited to share this series with you, called "101 Blogging Tips". In the series there will be 101 blogging tips that you can begin applying to your blog today! Don't wait, get started now!
Tip #90: Social Media DemographicsWant to create the best, "shareable" content for your readers? Know where they spend their time, their ages, their gender, and what interests them and what technology they use! You can do this with surveys too, every little bit of knowledge goes a long way in helping you reach and engage your followers :D
- Facebook still skews young, but the 45- to 54-year-old age bracket has seen 45% growth since year-end 2012. Among U.S. Internet users, 73% with incomes above $75,000 are on Facebook (compared to 17% who are on Twitter). Eight-six percent of Facebook's users are outside the U.S.
- Instagram: Sixty-eight percent of Instagram's users are women.
- Twitter has a surprisingly young user population for a large social network — 27% of 18 to 29-year-olds in the U.S. use Twitter, compared to only 16% of people in their thirties and forties.
- LinkedIn is international and skews toward male users.
- Google+ is the most male-oriented of the major social networks. It's 70% male.
- Pinterest is dominated by tablet users. And, according to Nielsen data, 84% of U.S. Pinterest users are women.
- Tumblr is strong with teens and young adults interested in self-expression, but only 8% of U.S. Internet users with incomes above $75,000 use Tumblr.
To view the BusinessInsider article and to learn more, click here.
We have a bunch of social media tips and articles over at Stamping and Blogging. Come join us :D