In Blogger this is very easy to setup in Settings, then Formatting, go to Post Template (click for tutorial). However, in TypePad this can be done as well but you need the $14.95 level as it requires CSS coding.
Setting up your signature to automatically appear on every post in TypePad
First you need to upload the image of your signature to your TypePad file manager:
- Go to the Library Menu at the top.
- Then click File Manager.
- Click the Browse button to locate the signature file on your computer.
- Then select it and choose OK/Select.
- Then click Upload.
- Once uploaded you need to right-click and then Copy Shortcut or Copy Link Location to save a copy of the URL address to memory (your clipboard).
- Then you need to replace it where the background: url address is highlighted below.
- Then you need to also change the height, highlighted below, to match the height of your image.
- Next go to your Blog.
- Then click Design.
- Click Content CSS.
- Then copy and paste the code below (again replacing the highlighted areas).
- Then Save.
- The post signature will now appear on EVERY post and every new post automatically!
- HOWEVER, an important note is that if you already manually entered a type of signature in your existing posts, then two signatures will appear. There is nothing you can do about this other than to continue manually entering your signatures and not to use this method describe in this post.
Sample CSS Code:
margin: 10px 0px 10px 0px;
padding: 106px 0px 0px 0px;
Please note that the first segment in the padding property needs to be the height of your signature file reference in the background property.
A sample of the background URL may be http://heatherporto.typepad.com/signature.png.
- Setup automatic post signature to appear in Blogger.
- Adding a signature in Blogger and Typepad.
- Adding your signature to a TypePad post.